Sunday, August 23, 2009

Relief Society Lesson -- Unselfish Service

I just finished teaching my lesson this month. So I thought, once again I would post my outline/visual aids. Enjoy!


Unselfish Service
Elder Dallin H. Oaks
April 2009 General Conference

“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” Matthew 16:25

It is not easy to give up our personal priorities and desires.

“He who lives only unto himself withers and dies, while he who forgets himself in the service of others grows and blossoms in this life and in eternity.”
-Gordon B. Hinckley

We do not serve our Savior well if we fear man more than God.

“We cannot walk as other men, or talk as other men, or do as other men, for we have a different destiny, obligation, and responsibility placed upon us, and we must fit ourselves [to it].” -Elder John A. Widtsoe

The values of the world wrongly teach that “it’s all about me.”

The plan of the gospel of Jesus Christ lifts us above our selfish desires and teaches us that this life is all about what we can become.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had another great lesson. Great quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled about teaching this lesson since I'm doing it tomorrow and found your outline, how nice of you! I just can't decide what parts to focus on since there is so much material, you did a good job. What visual aids did you use? I'm trying to think of something to keep people's eyes from glazing over.

    ReplyDelete