Friday, August 7, 2009

Drug Addict Celebrities

Why is it that every celebrity death seems to be caused by drugs? I should say, drugs used in an inappropriate manner. I just read an article on the Internet that Billy Mays, the commercial pitchman who died recently from a heart attack, had cocaine and prescription painkillers and tranquilizers in his system. The autopsy reported that cocaine was the cause of his heart attack. I need not mention the other much more famous celebrity who recently died because of drugs. It saddens me that people think they have to deal with their problems by using drugs. I cannot understand the pressure/stress that extremely famous people must endure. But there must be a better way to deal with it,than turning to drug abuse. The answer of course is the gospel. But, if they had the gospel in their lives, they probably wouldn't be celebrities. The two lifestyles are not conducive with each other. Except for Donny and Marie of course :-). Anyway, it just really saddens me when I hear people throwing their lives away because of poor choices. More specifically, turning to drugs to deal with their problems.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I hear about someone dying from a drug overdose it always takes me back to the winter of 1993 in Moline, Illinois when I was a missionary. We watched as two dead bodies were hauled out of the apartment complex--both died from drug overdose.
    I had to smile when you said "Donny and Marie." =)

    ReplyDelete