Saturday, October 17, 2009

17 Seconds

Unranked Arkansas versus number one Florida tied at 20. 17 seconds remaining in the game. Dad and I are watching the game in HD down in the theater. I voted for Arkansas to upset number one Florida. Florida is marching down the field ready to score. The satellite goes out. Aargh! How aggravating. Why does this have to happen in this game at this time? This was one of the most exciting games I have seen this year. I really wanted Arkansas to upset Florida. So, we waited a few minutes for the satellite signal to return. Finally deciding to come upstairs and find out the results of the game on the computer. How anticlimactic. And for those of you who don't know the results, Florida ended up kicking a field goal, winning 23 to 20. :-(

my poor Razorbacks gave the gators a good fight. There were a couple questionable calls which resulted in a touchdown by Florida. And Arkansas missed several opportunities. Including two missed field goals from the mid-30 range. It was a really exciting game to watch. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the end. I don't think Florida will be ranked number one, or should be, after this performance. I guess we will have to see how Alabama does today.

Anyway, this is how my luck goes. Now of course the heavy rains have lifted and the satellite is back. But it's too late.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you missed the end. I don't remember who I picked to win.

    ReplyDelete