Monday, October 26, 2009

Vote!

Today we filled our absentee ballots. It took us most of the afternoon to read through everything and make our decisions. I have always been a voting advocate. I have voted in every election I was able to, even the primaries that didn't really seem to matter. The right to vote is not something you should take lightly. It is a hard-fought right that not many people in the world possess. And with the current presidential administration who knows how long it will last.

So please, go vote! The general election is Tuesday, November 3. If you receive absentee ballots you should already have them and be able to vote. And more than anything, please vote to REJECT referendum 71! This is the referendum to which I was referring in my previous blog posting about political advertisements.

GO VOTE!

That's my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got your ballots finished. I was looking at mine today. I'm going to get my test out of the way and get mine mailed in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will be REJECTING referendum 71 !!!!!!!!
    I urge all others who read this to REJECT ref.71 also.
    It is VERY important. If it's the only reason you go and vote--get there and VOTE reject on ref. 71 !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's the sole reason I will be heading into the polls.

    ReplyDelete