Monday, March 15, 2010

The Award

I watched, “The Award” last night. It is such an awesome movie. For those of you unfamiliar with “The Award”, it is a very low-budget movie produced by the Cypress California stake in 1985. It is based upon the story by Jack Weyland.

I first saw “The Award” in seminary when I was in high school probably right after it was made. I have seen it several times since then, and it always makes me smile. It has a wonderful message, which I think every youth should see. For those of you involved with young men/young women’s-perhaps a combined activity idea. It's only 45 minutes long.

It is quite dated and the quality of the film and acting is not very good but the message is great and timeless.

Perhaps one of the reasons I like it so much is because it was made when I was a youth. The high school scenes remind me of my high school. The acting isn't very good, but that's what makes it fun. And you've got to love the original songs with the 80s synthesized sound. "Always a Lady" is a classic.

“The Award” has a powerful message that will stay with you forever. For those of you who have never seen it or who haven’t seen it in a while, I highly suggest watching it.

That’s my two cents.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know The Award was produced by a stake. That is cool. It is an awesome movie. Maybe the kids and I will come over sometime this week and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great movie! I always liked that movie. It has a great message like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Graham, WA stake did a remake of it? I would go ahead and volunteer my services for the soundtrack and keep the songs as original sounding as possible. That movie is S to the WEET!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny you should mention that, Michael. Because I was thinking the same thing. We could have the Graham Kapowsin football team participate. It would be awesome. Do they even do roadshows anymore? Well, this would be more than a road show but that would be super cool if the Graham Stake remade The Award.

    ReplyDelete