Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting to Church Fiasco

Why is it that unforeseen things always go wrong when you have an appointment to make?

This morning as we were leaving to go to church, the car wouldn’t start. The battery was dead. And of course it was pouring down rain. So dad, had to go to his shop and get the battery charger and give us a jump. Then he also brought the portable battery charger in case the car wouldn’t start after church.

Well, we headed off to Eatonville.  The battery light was on the entire time. So dad was getting worried that we were going to be stranded, and the battery wouldn’t even take a charge if we needed a jump.

He talked about turning around and going home several times, but we made it to the church about 15 minutes late. There was absolutely no parking whatsoever. Even in the gravel pit. We circled the church parking lot twice. Then dad finally decided we shouldn’t risk being stranded because that is the only vehicle I can ride in. So, after all that we headed home without so much as stopping the vehicle at the church. It was such a fiasco.

I was looking forward to attending the three block meeting today. Since it’s been a few weeks since we attended all three meetings at church. But of course, the battery decides to konk out on our way to church. Why couldn’t it die on the way to the grocery store or shopping or something? Something that wasn’t such a big deal. But no, it has to die on us after a concerted effort to get ready for, and drive to church.

If I didn’t have bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck at all.


That’s my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is dead battery season, cause I just replaced my Honda battery in my Accord last week! Crazy! I am glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete