Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Antelope and the Lion

Here’s a quote I liked from a movie I watched yesterday. I’m going to paraphrase it because I’m just going off memory but it goes something like this:

It is said that when the sun rises in Africa if you are an antelope, you know that you must be faster than the fastest lion, or you may be killed.

When the sun rises in Africa if you are a lion, you must be faster than the antelope, or you may starve to death.

When the sun rises in Africa, It doesn’t matter whether you are an antelope or a lion, you must be running.

UPDATE- I found the proverb online:
"Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're the lion or the antelope, when the sun comes up you'd better be running."

1 comment: