Thursday, April 1, 2010

You Can't Be Serious

In this day and age, there’s not much that surprises me anymore. But the other day, I heard a story on the news that was unbelievable. In my best John McEnroe voice, I said “you can’t be serious”.

To sum it up, a pothead is trying to get an initiative on the ballot in November to basically make growing/possessing/using/selling/etc. marijuana legally unenforceable in Washington state. He called it a victimless crime. Since when is drug use/addiction victimless? That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while.

I’m not even going to waste my time describing all of the horrible things illegal drugs do to the human body. Anybody with half a brain understands that illicit drugs are bad for you. The guy on the news must have killed one to many of his brain cells smoking marijuana.

What’s even more ridiculous about his proposition is that marijuana would still be illegal federally. It is a federal law. So, federal law enforcement could still legally enforce that law. The only thing this pothead is proposing is that state and local law enforcement agencies would not be able to enforce the federal law.

If this pothead thinks that drugs are victimless crimes, I challenge him to go to Mexico and see the people being kidnapped and tortured and killed because of drugs. I just mentioned that because it's been news recently but, you don't have to look that far. Look in your own backyard. Drugs have crippled this nation.

It’s ridiculous to me that anyone would even pose the argument that marijuana use is a victimless crime. Why don’t we propose a law that we shouldn’t enforce laws against bank robbing? After all, isn’t it also a victimless crime? Get real people. Maybe if you would quit smoking so much neuron killing marijuana, you would understand how ridiculously stupid you are being.

What’s almost as ridiculous is that this was even a news story.

That’s my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I have only one response. You might have to copy and paste it, but it's worth it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one here is when Johnny Mac was informed by the chair umpire that this guy in Washington was trying to legalize marijuana:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzU9_J5Iuw&NR=1

    ReplyDelete