Friday, September 10, 2010

Facebook Users Have Low Self-Esteem

I came across an interesting piece of information today. Here's the first line of the article:

"TORONTO: Facebook is used mostly by narcissists and those with low self-esteem, says a Canadian study. "

Granted it was a study done by a graduate student at York University in Canada. So, it wasn't the most well-designed study. But nonetheless, the results were interesting and, I believe, accurate.

I did a blog post a while ago about Facebook. I have always said, "cool people don't do Facebook".

Anyway, it was nice to see a study that backs up what I already believe.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I do not have a Facebook account. I think most people join Facebook because they want to find old friends--or they want to see the pictures that people post because they received an email saying, "(so-and-so) wants to invite you to view their pictures on Facebook." So they open an account to view the pictures.

    I can actually see how the results of that study would be true. I have seen people completely obsessed with Facebook and how many "Friends" they have and playing those stupid games all day- wasting away their lives. Remember when (you know who) said she was "completely addicted" to Facebook games? It was pathetic that it consumed her every thought. All day.

    People need to be careful because Facebook has caused behavior in people that has destroyed marriages and families (as people have found and reconnected with old flames) and the idleness of people has destroyed their lives.
    It is also laced with tons of gossip.

    Anyway, guess we are true distance runners. :)

    ReplyDelete