Thursday, March 7, 2013

Eugene Jelesnik


This morning Lisa and I were laughing our necks off about Eugene Jelesnik. Those of you who are not from (or have not spent much time in) Zion will not know what I’m talking about. Which is unfortunate because Eugene Jelesnik is an icon.

Eugene Jelesnik hosted  a weekly television talent show in Utah. Those of us who were lucky enough to be raised in Zion in the 80s remember him well.

Funny story – sometime in the 90s Lisa and I went to a Collin Raye concert at the Utah State Fairgrounds. Eugene Jelesnik happened to be there. Lisa said to me, excitedly, “look, there’s Lawrence Welk!” To which I replied, “no, that’s Eugene Jelesnik”. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious. In fact I can barely get through writing this blog post because I’m laughing so hard I’m crying.

Sadly, Eugene Jelesnik died in 1999. He was a classic!

RIP Eugene Jelesnik. Thanks for the laugh today.

4 comments:

  1. What, no picture of Eugene to be found? That's a shame.
    Oh, the memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Lisa, this is the best picture I could find.

    ReplyDelete