Friday, June 27, 2014

Pictures from Stephanie :-)

This morning I received an awesome e-mail from my cousin, Stephanie!  It was actually three separate e-mails with pictures attached. I don't recall seeing these pictures before so it was fun to look at them and reminisce.

Stephanie is such a sweetheart. She flattered me so with such wonderful compliments in the e-mail.  As a matter of fact, I think I will quote part of her e-mail in my blog.  It was so nice :-) I hope she doesn't mind.

"Anyway, I'm going through all old photos and found these, thought you would get a kick out of them. I remember this day so well, I had so much fun with my cool cousin Dr. Tammy Stone! :) Wow I was so impressed with you living in the city in medical school!!! Heck, I'm still impressed :) I love you lots!!!!!! "

I actually remember that day also.  As I recall her parents, my uncle and aunt, dropped her off at my apartment in San Francisco while they went down to San Mateo for something.  So we were able to spend the day together.  If I remember correctly we went to the beach, to the mall, made chocolate chip cookies and did our nails.  Fun things I thought she would enjoy. Of course it was fun for me too :-)

Even though we're 14 years apart, Stephanie and I have always shared a special bond.

anyway I thought you guys would enjoy seeing these pictures also.

Stephanie at Pacifica beach, near San Francisco.  This was probably 1998 give or take a year or so.  :-)

me at Pacifica beach.  This is pretty much how it always looked when I went there.  Overcast and chilly.  Even in the summer.  But at least I usually had the whole beach myself :-)

Stephanie playing in the water at Pacifica beach.

cute pose :-)

this is at uncle Tim's house.
Back row: me, Lisa, Juliet, Michael
sitting on my lap, of course :-), Stephanie and sitting on Juliet's lap is Preston.
Man, this picture makes me feel old :-)

Stone cousins
back row: Michael, Lisa, Juliet, Clint, me, Wade
front Row: Preston, Crystal, Stephanie
if I'm guessing by people's ages I would say this is around 1989 or 1990.
Obviously this picture was taken at the ranch :-)

not the most flattering picture of me :-)
one of our favorite things to do with our cousins was to play wash the dishes with them.
This is me and Lisa playing wash the dishes with Stephanie.
This is where we spent our vacations as children.  At my Dad's parents' ranch in Northern California.

doing wash the dishes with Preston.
Looks like Stephanie and Crystal in the background waiting their turn :-)
Juliet on the right

backyard at 192 :-)
Stephanie, mom, Preston
ready to break open some piñatas that I made :-)
well, I'm assuming I made them.  I don't actually remember it but I know I was a piñata making fool back in the day :-)
notice Tiger in the background

backyard or 192.  You can see Mrs. Hinkley's backdoor :-)
Stephanie hitting the piñata.  Preston on the ground kneeling.
Standing: Lisa, Michael, Juliet, mom, me
I'm guessing 1988 or 1989

this picture cracks me up.  :-)
This is when I was moving into my apartment in Daly City, California (San Francisco)
this would've been August 1997

me standing on my bed -- why, I don't know :-)
Daly City, California August 1997

this is a cute picture :-)
me with my cousin Stephanie both standing on my bed :-)
Daly City California
August 1997

dad, Gramp, Gram, mom, me
obviously in front of Gram and Gramp's house in Clearlake Oaks, California. 

Gram is my Dad's maternal grandmother.  What a great looking group of people :-) 

I'm not sure when this was taken but it was probably August 1997 also.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures as much as I did.  Thanks Stephanie!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. How time flies!!!
    It only seems like a few short years since the days of those photos...not 25.
    Fitting that you posted this on the day Preston is getting married.

    ReplyDelete