Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Gladys Knight Quote

This morning I was reading an article in LDS living.com about Gladys Knight.  I didn't know she was so cool.  I like the following quote:

"I love country music," she shares. "Give me the twang, give me the everything." The subject matter in particular draws her to the genre. "It’s the bare bones, life slice that country people write about. It’s not all fluff. It really has nothing to do all of the time even with the tempo, and it’s clean most of the time. So I like that."
...
And while country is her favorite, Gladys has a love for all types of music. "The only music I can’t really get into," she explains, "is with all of the profanity. I can’t deal with that. It messes with my spirit. I can’t do that." -- Taken from LDS living.com 9/23/2014 Click link to read article.

1 comment:

  1. As you know Big T, your roots run deep in Country Music. I've heard that Gladys Knight is a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete