Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Marvel of God's Creations

We've had unseasonably warm weather this fall.  Today was no exception.  The weather station I'm looking at right now says it's 73° outside.  Needless to say I spent most of the day outside enjoying the weather and especially the sunshine.

While I was out basking in the sunshine an orange dragonfly landed on me.  This is not the first time it's happened.  In fact over the past week I would say that at least two or three orange dragonflies have landed on me.

Each time it happens I look at the intricate details of the wings and body and even eyes and marvel at God's creations.  The double wings of each dragonfly are created so symmetrically and delicate yet perfectly designed for flight.

Shortly after the dragonfly flew away an orange and black caterpillar scurried across the sidewalk right in front of me.  In fact I've had to be careful over the past week or two to avoid running over said caterpillars.  They are so cute and fuzzy yet able to move at a pretty good clip for how small they are.  Then I began marveling about the metamorphosis they go through to become butterflies.

It's truly incredible how even lowly insects are so carefully and intricately designed.  It makes me wonder how anyone could question the existence of God.

All of God's creations from single celled organisms such as bacteria, Unicellular fungi and algae all the way up to humans and everything in between contain DNA or the blueprint of life. Even plants contain DNA in every cell.  Having studied biology, it's truly amazing how complex even simple organisms are.

When I think of all of God's creations I marvel at His wisdom, knowledge and love for all of us. It brings to mind my favorite primary song.

My Heavenly Father Loves Me

  • 1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
    Or look at the blue, blue sky,
    Whenever I feel the rain on my face
    Or the wind as it rushes by,
    Whenever I touch a velvet rose
    Or walk by our lilac tree,
    I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
    Heav'nly Father created for me.
  • 2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
    The color of butterfly wings.
    He gave me my ears that I might hear
    The magical sound of things.
    He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
    I thank him rev'rently
    For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
    Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.
  • Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904-1997. (c) 1961 IRI. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI
  • That's my two cents.

    2 comments:

    1. I love that song too. I have been seeing those fuzzy caterpillars all over the roads. They do move at a pretty good clip. :)
      I was just thinking the same thing about God's creations as I was looking at a bunch of tulips Chanelle got for her birthday yesterday...and then the moon tonight.

      ReplyDelete
    2. we listen to that song every night as the kids fall asleep. Love it!

      ReplyDelete