Monday, January 12, 2015

23 Years Ago Today, Farewell!

There are certain dates in my history that I will always remember.  Today is one of them.  January 12, 1992 -- 23 years ago -- was my missionary farewell!

I know I've already posted the pictures from my farewell -- and I'm sure there must be more than this -- but these are what I have scanned.  So I will just put a few of them on here.

It's funny because we were just talking about playing rook at my farewell.  Here's the picture:
I guess it was grandpa not grandma that was playing with us.  It looks like he takes his rook very seriously!

The funny thing is, I think that's the first and last time I ever played rook.

With my maternal grandparents.

With my maternal great aunt -- aunt Evelyn and uncle Ken

This picture makes me laugh!  Lisa knows why.  :-)
With another maternal great aunt -- aunt Leora and uncle Bruce.

 
In my bedroom photo studio.  :-)

Another photo studio shot.
Check out my handwriting :-) as beautiful as ever.  :-) Ting

Three short days later I was in the MTC!

1 comment:

  1. Dang! Those pictures are tight.
    I don't think I even have pictures of me with Aunt Evelyn/Uncle Ken, or Brockbanks. I may have one or two with Grandma and Grandpa. :) I was laughing at Grandpa looking so fierce during the Rook playing. Funny.
    It's hard to believe it's been 23 years.

    ReplyDelete