Friday, May 22, 2015

Six Months

On November 22, 2014, I broke my femur.  I have been living with a severed femur (spiral fracture) now for six months.

Two weeks ago today I met with the orthopedic surgeon who recommended surgical repair.  Since there has been no sign of healing at all on x-ray over the past six months.  :-( It's what we in the industry call a nonunion.  :-)

He told me he was going to do some research and call me to schedule the preop and surgery.  Still no word.  I'm not all that eager to have my leg filleted open and have my bone put back together with a plate and a bunch of screws and spend a night or two in the hospital. So I haven't followed up yet.

Anyway, six months later I'm still in the same predicament with a floppy, swollen, unstable leg --which Lisa likes to refer to as nuts and bolts when it moves -- and the resulting consequences. :-(
December 9, 2014  
May 8, 2015

2 comments:

  1. Man, I can't believe you used the word "filleted." That about made me pass out. I think you did that on purpose.
    It is definitely nuts and bolts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, this is so frustrating for all of us, but especially you. To think that Ron died within 9 days of breaking his femur, that must be some pretty strong DNA that you are made of. I will be the first to admit that the surgery has me concerned deeply, but I can't see going on like this for another 6 months. I miss our old method of transferring, as I'm sure you do also. "Let us Pray". (inside family joke)

    ReplyDelete