Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bionic Woman

Yesterday I went for my 10 day postop visit to have my sutures removed and follow-up x-rays taken.

I don't know why they only gave me one AP view.  They did take a lateral but I didn't get it.  :-(

There was something wrong with the disc and I couldn't copy it electronically so I had to have dad take a picture of the screen.  That's why it's not very good quality.

Anyway here is my new bionic femur with the intramedullary nail and four screws visible.

They said they placed five screws so I'm assuming one screw is up near the femoral neck.  Not in view.

Now that I have hardware in my neck and leg you can call me the bionic woman.  :-)

This recovery is brutal.  I had no idea how hard it was going to be.  :-( Anyway, the skin looks good.  Sutures removed.  The leg is still quite swollen but hopefully healing slowly but surely.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I can see why you have been concerned about the femoral neck breaking. That nail is almost as wide as the entire femur. No wonder your recovery is so rough. Dang!
    It would be good if they would take an xray of the screw on the top and the femoral neck just to be sure.
    You are definitely a bionic woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy you are such an amazing person, and one of, if not the toughest person that I have ever met. What else should I expect from someone that started walking on their own at 7 Months. We are so proud of you, and love you so much. Each day you seem to be getting better, so all of those prayers are working. Love you sweetie! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete