Monday, June 1, 2015

Teachers Are Crybabies

This probably won't be one of my more popular opinions -- everybody seems to love teachers and are always on their side. Do you think I give a hang?  I'm going to state my opinion regardless.  :-)

Good thunder, things are getting out of hand.  Juliet informed me this morning that Kingston has to go one extra day of school now because the teachers are walking out on Wednesday to bawl their necks off about smaller classrooms.

It seems like they are always crying about something.  More money, smaller classrooms, more paid time off, more paid time for lesson preparation, etc. I know of no other profession that whines so much and is constantly demanding.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  Like the Rattlesnake said to the man after he bit him, "you knew what I was when you picked me up".  Teachers knew what they were getting into when they chose that field. Why are they constantly walking out and whining like little brats? I mean really, they act like three-year-olds pulling tantrums.

Teachers nowadays have it so much easier than when I was in school or when my mom was teaching.  Back then teachers actually had to plan their lessons on their own time and we actually went to school every day all day. And parent teacher conferences were afterschool.  So why are they constantly complaining about how bad they have it now?

Every year that I have lived here in Washington, without fail, the news will announce in the fall which school districts are not starting school on time because of teacher tantrums.

Kids are constantly having early days or late starts or days off so that teachers can trim their fingernails or whatever excuse they happen to give.

The kids are receiving less and less education and the teachers are receiving more and more money and time off.  Okay maybe teaching isn't the easiest job in the world and doesn't pay as much as some other professions but that is what they chose.  So deal with it. Quit being bawl baby chicken guts and just do your job.

That's my two cents.


2 comments:

  1. Yes. They do have it much easier than ever before and they still whine about everything.
    Chanelle's school had teachers walk out a couple weeks ago. No school for the kids because of it. That means they add an extra day to the end of the year. The radio talk show I was listening to said if kids did a walk out like that, the students would be punished with suspensions for disruption to the learning environment. But what happened to the teachers? Nothing. No punishment. The only ones being punished are the kids- having to miss a day of learning so the teachers can whine about how unfair they have it- and then the kids have to go to school an extra day.
    And the quality of teachers these days is not what it used to be either. Well, it might be the school district here- which is extremely horrible. But we have teachers bullying the students all the time. I don't think any teacher who makes my kid stand in front of the class and tells all the other students to "boo" my child, simply because she said her favorite football team won their game- should be teaching school at all- let alone whining about class size or pay. When my middle schooler has to tell the teacher how to spell, instead of the other way around-- UGH!!!!...Yeah, don't expect sympathy from parents.
    And surely don't expect me to vote to raise my taxes to pay MORE to the schools than they already get when all this garbage happens.
    Teachers don't even do Parent Teacher conferences anymore. They do "student lead conference" when the student tells you what they did in class. You can do that at home. Hello!!!! The point of a conference is for the teacher to talk about the students progress, behavior and such- not so the child can go over their homework with you.
    As you can see, I feel the same way you do.
    And it's ridiculous that kids who are bullied receive the same punishment as the bully simply because an adult didn't see the incident happen. It's a messed up world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Tam! I knew you would give your two cents. I agree it is ridiculous. Now I know why so many parents are homeschooling their kids!

    ReplyDelete