Thursday, February 11, 2016

Green Eyed Monster

I've been thinking about jealousy recently.  A couple of incidents where others have accused me and a relative of being jealous have brought this to the forefront of my mind.

Whenever anyone accuses someone else of being jealous they are just expressing their own insecurities and feelings of inadequacy.

In both of the incidents mentioned above the jealousy accusation is laughable.

First of all, jealousy is not in my vocabulary.  I don't have a jealous bone in my body.  Why would I? I'm extremely happy with who I am.  I have always had exceedingly high self-worth. And why shouldn't I?  I know who I am. I'm very happy with who I am and how I choose to live my life. I wouldn't want to trade places with anybody on this earth.  I know I'm the King. :-)

Would a brand-new top-of-the-line, high-performance Ferrari be jealous of a rusty old jalopy that's falling apart and ready for the junkyard?  Ridiculous!

Yet that's the same as someone accusing me of being jealous of someone else-- anyone else but especially "the so-called refuse of humanity".  Absurd!  So absurd in fact that it's laughable.

It's extremely sad that people allow themselves to get to such a low point in their life that they lose all sense of self-worth.  They become so insecure with themselves and feel so inadequate that they try to convince themselves otherwise.

I'm sorry to burst anyone's fragile plastic bubble they've created to shield themselves from the truth -- but wake up to reality people. I am not, never have been, nor ever will be jealous of anyone. I am a Ferrari not a jalopy.  Everybody knows that.

I'm actually happy when good fortune or blessings come to others.  I'm self-confident.  I don't need to resort to jealousy or envy.

Those pointing the finger of jealousy at me or anyone else are exposing their own insecurities and inadequacies.

As Pam Tillis once said, "jealousy is as bitter as a green spring berry".  Nobody in their right mind would want to chew on that.  Certainly not me.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. When one is completely happy with who they are and the life they are living, why would anyone think they have reason to be jealous of anyone? I would never wish to be anybody but myself.
    Like you said, it is an obvious reflection of their own insecurities to even suggest such a thing.
    The car comparison is extremely accurate.

    ReplyDelete