Monday, February 29, 2016

Human Decency

I'm really sick with the flu right now so this will be short and sweet.  I don't have the energy to waste my breath on fluff.

Those of you who know me know how I feel about profanity.  I absolutely despise it.  Profanity is the ultimate form of disrespect. Yes, I know I have blogged about this before but I feel the need to readdress the issue.

There is absolutely no reason that any civilized human being should ever use profanity.  Ever!  This isn't a matter of religion or even morals, it is far more basic than that -- it is a matter of human decency.

No human being deserves to be disrespected and degraded by being subjected to profanity. Especially deliberate constant profanity spewed out with the intent to hurt, degrade and otherwise disrespect someone. Especially when it's directed at those who you supposedly care about and love.  Treating any human being with such disrespect and cruelty is the lowest form of humanity.

Only the bottom of the barrel of humanity would treat their fellow man so cruelly.  Especially repeatedly.  And especially when asked not to.  In fact, most people when asked to watch their language are respectful and apologetic.  Only the scum of the earth would reply with, "I'll [expletive] say what I want..." when asked to watch their language.

Not even knuckle dragging Neanderthals would stoop so low. To paraphrase George Strait, "I wouldn't treat a cat the way you've treated me".

Anyone who uses profanity is just plain weak. Any man who spews profanity at women and children is completely emasculate.  People who use profanity are panseric wimps whom I have zero respect for. If I ever hear anyone using profanity my respect for them plummets.

I'm so sick and tired of all these lowlife scum of the earth losers using profanity as if it's normal everyday talk. It's not.  Any self-respecting human being with any decency whatsoever will tell you that.

It brings to mind this scripture:
Moroni 9: 11-15
"11 O my beloved son, how can a people like this, that are without civilization—
12 (And only a few years have passed away, and they were a civil and a delightsome people)
13 But O my son, how can a people like this, whose delight is in so much abomination—
14 How can we expect that God will stay his hand in judgment against us?
15 Behold, my heart cries: Wo unto this people...."
I echo Moroni's sentiment -- how can once civil and delightsome people, in just a few years, lose all civility and delight in abominations?  Yet I see it happening before my very eyes.

Using profanity shows complete weakness, immaturity, selfish disregard and disrespect for others, lack of self-control, lack of language skills, lack of civility, and lack of basic human decency.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Lack of human decency is definitely a sign of weakness. The individuals displaying lack of decency think they are coming across as big and bad, when in reality they come across as completely pathetic and weak. It's pretty sad that there is so much lack of basic human decency in the world today.

    ReplyDelete