Friday, July 22, 2016

Cleaning out Your Closet

I am bold and straightforward.  Always have been.  If you read my blog with any consistency, you already know that.

I prefer other people to be the same way.  I don't take kindly to pansies who are not forthcoming and especially those who lie.  I'm especially disgusted with lying pansies who share a portion of DNA with me.  As uncle Ron would say, "Stop embarrassing me!"

To make mistakes in life is expected.  We are all human and all make mistakes.  But to try to cover it up and continually lie about it for decades upon decades is ridiculous.  Especially when you have been outed by DNA and still deny the truth.  That's just pure idiocy.

Yet, I've come to expect that from certain family members.  I've had a gut full of people hiding behind their lies.  That's why I decided to post my e-mails to my first cousin once removed, Nicky.

The fact that he is denying paternity is irritating but what is most upsetting is that he won't give my second cousin, Howie, information that could help him find his birth mother.  Or at least tell him more about her.  That's the least he could do after all these years.

It's bad enough to bring an illegitimate child into the world.  And it's worse to shirk responsibility by completely ignoring several letters written by the birth mother informing you of your impending fatherhood.  But his birth mother did the right thing by allowing Howie to be adopted. But now, over 47 years later, to continue to deny paternity and shirk responsibility is beyond disgusting and absurd.

That's why I decided to post my blog series, "Dead Giveaway!"  I was patient and gave Nicky and his sister Nelda ample opportunity and time to rebut my claims that Nicky is the biological father of Howie. I got nothing but silence from either of them.  Dead giveaway!

To paraphrase a song:

I'm sorry Nicky,
I never meant to hurt you,
I never meant to make you cry,
but tonight, I'm cleaning out your closet.

That's the beauty of DNA.  It is always truthful.  I'm a big fan of the truth.  DNA will bring skeletons out of your closet whether you want it to or not.  DNA brought out that dusty old skeleton that Nicky had hidden for nearly 5 decades.  The skeleton is now dusted off and in plain view for all the world to see.

I'm sorry Nicky... but tonight, I'm cleaning out your closet. Whether you like it or not.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. 47 years? The closet was long overdue for a cleaning.

    ReplyDelete