Tuesday, January 10, 2017

He Can't Say I Didn't Try

I've been on a Rick Trevino kick lately.  I daresay that no one reading this blog knows who Rick Trevino is. Rick Trevino is a country singer from the 90s. I know all of the country singers from the 90s and had most of their albums. Of course I had Rick Trevino's albums.  There was one song in particular of his that I really loved.  It's a repeat worthy song.  If you know me well enough, you  know that I love to put one song on repeat and listen to it over and over again.  I used to do that all the time while driving.  Back in the day when I drove a lot.  I also like to sing along to said repeat worthy songs-- Of course having memorized all the lyrics after listening to them on repeat so many times.  :-)

Usually there's no rhyme or reason why I fall in love with a particular song.  Although it usually has more to do with the music than the lyrics.  I tend to gravitate towards ballads and slower songs with beautiful music.  Often times I don't care for the lyrics or they don't really pertain to me.  But sometimes it is the lyric I like more than the music.

Anyway that's a long explanation to reveal the Rick Trevino song I've been listening to nonstop for several days now.  I think I've seen every live version on YouTube.  :-) Some of them multiple times.  But I tend to prefer just the audio version on my computer.

Songs for me usually bring back the memory of a time or place or event.  A lot of the 90s country songs remind me of my days at Utah State University.  A simpler time in my life.  Back then who knew I would ever say that?  :-) Rick Trevino certainly reminds me of singing karaoke in my apartment in Logan.

The Rick Trevino song I love is, "She Can't Say I Didn't Cry".  I don't know why I thought about this song recently but it seems more pertinent to my life now than it was then.

As I've been thinking about how this song pertains to my life I changed a couple of the words in the lyrics.  I changed it to: "He Can't Say I Didn't Try."
Chorus (with my edit): 
He can't say I didn't try
He can't say he didn't know
How it tore me up inside
How it hurt to watch him go 
There's a million things that he might say
That I cannot deny
But he can't look me in the eye
And say I didn't try
Actually cry works too.

I was going to post a YouTube live version of the song for you here but I knew that's what you wanted me to do. :-)

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment