Friday, March 17, 2017

Roller Coaster

I'm going to take you back to my childhood.  I love this song!  It is by far the best Partridge Family song. This video epitomizes the 70s.  Ah the memories.

"Roller Coaster" -- The Partridge Family

Listening to this song brings me back to my childhood.  From the cradle I was raised on 70s Elvis music.  The familiar sound of 70s Elvis music is, perhaps strangely, comforting to me. This song sounds very similar to 70s Elvis music to me.  It's no wonder-- I just discovered -- Mark James, who wrote "Roller Coaster", also wrote  "Suspicious Minds", "Moody Blue", and "Always on My Mind".

Unless you're a diehard Partridge Family or David Cassidy fan, you've probably never heard this song.  You can thank me later.  I think it's a gem. I won't tell you how many times I have played it on repeat the past few days.  It's already in the top 25 most played on my iTunes.  :-)

These are my favorite lines from "Roller Coaster":
Life is full of ups and downs
like a roller coaster ride
But hang on tight with all your might 
You go up, down, all around
On a cycle that's never endin'
You got on this train when you were born
And the wheels just keep on spinnin'
Like a roller coaster, it keeps going faster
Mark James spoke truth when he penned those words.

Just for fun here's an alternate video that aired on the last episode of The Partridge Family in 1974. Sing it Keith (David)!


1 comment:

  1. That is interesting that Mark James also wrote Moody Blue, Suspicious Minds and Always On My Mind. I was dying at the "similarity" we discussed when I saw David/Keith. :)

    ReplyDelete