Friday, May 12, 2017

My Famous Relatives

My niece, Mercedes, sent me a link to a cool website.  If you have a family tree on familysearch.org you can go to relativefinder.org and login to your family search account and they will generate a list of famous relatives for you.  It's really fun!  They even detail how you are related and who your common ancestor is.

So just for fun, I thought it would share some of my famous relatives with you.  :-)

My closest famous relative is Andy Griffith who is my fourth cousin twice removed.

John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley are my 11th great grandparents who came over on the Mayflower.

George Washington is my first cousin nine times removed.  His mother and my eighth great-grandmother were sisters.

Anne Stuart (Queen of England) is my11th great-aunt. I should've known I come from British royalty.  :-)

Charles Stuart (Charles II king of England) is my 12th great-uncle.

James VI and James I Stuart (King of Scotland as James VI and England and Ireland as James I) is my 13th great-grandfather.

Dolly Payne Madison is my second cousin eight times removed.

Frederick II of Denmark is my 14th great grandfather.

Henry David ThoreauIt is my fourth cousin six times removed.

Laura Ingalls Wilder is my fifth cousin four times removed.

Mary "Queen of Scots" Stuart is my 14th great-grandmother.

Brigham Young is my fifth cousin five times removed.

Joseph Smith is my fourth cousin seven times removed.

Patsy Cline is my sixth cousin three times removed.

Calvin Coolidge is my sixth cousin four times removed.

David A. Bednar is my seventh cousin twice removed.

John Hancock is my fourth cousin eight times removed.

Joseph F. Smith is my 5th cousin six times removed.

Lorenzo Snow is my fourth cousin eight times removed.

Louis l'Amour is my seventh cousin two times removed.

Walt Disney is my sixth cousin four times removed.

William Shakespeare is my first cousin 14 times removed.

Charles Darwin is my fifth cousin eight times removed.

Donna Reed and Elizabeth Montgomery are both my eighth cousin twice removed.

Eli Whitney is my sixth cousin six times removed.

Gordon B. Hinckley is my eighth cousin twice removed.

Merle Haggard is my ninth cousin. Dad was most excited about this.  :-)

Merlin Olsen is my eighth cousin twice removed.

Philo T. Farnsworth is my seventh cousin four times removed.

Rita Hayworth is my eighth cousin twice removed.

Robert Frost is my eighth cousin twice removed.

Robin Williams is my ninth cousin.

Benedict Arnold is my sixth cousin seven times removed.

Herman Melville is my sixth cousin seven times removed.

Johnny Depp is my ninth cousin once removed.

Lavell Edwards is my eighth cousin three times removed. I'm sure Lisa is excited about this one.  :-)

Thomas S. Monson is my ninth cousin once removed.

Spencer W. Kimball is my eighth cousin three times removed.

John Adams is my sixth cousin eight times removed.

George H. W. Bush is my 10th cousin.

Harper Lee, Humphrey Bogart, Henry Fonda, Bing Crosby are all my ninth cousin twice removed.

Lucille Ball is my ninth cousin twice removed.

Abraham Lincoln is my eighth cousin five times removed.

Debbie Reynolds is my 10th cousin once removed.

Doc Holliday is my eighth cousin five times removed.

Judy Garland is my 10th cousin once removed.

Thomas Jefferson is my seventh cousin seven times removed.

Wilbur Wright is my ninth cousin three times removed.

William Faulkner is my 10th cousin once removed.

Vincent Price is my 10th cousin once removed.

Davy Crockett is my eighth cousin six times removed.

Jesse James is my 11th cousin.

Marilyn Monroe is my 11th cousin.

Richard Nixon is my 11th cousin.

Butch Cassidy is my 11th cousin once removed.

Wyatt Earp is my ninth cousin four times removed.

Johnny Cash is my 11th cousin once removed.

Karen Carpenter is my 11th cousin once removed.

Ronald Reagan is my 11th cousin once removed.

Don Knotts is my 11th cousin twice removed

Elvis Presley is my 11th cousin twice removed. Mom was excited about this.  Unfortunately for Dad, it is Mom's relation not his.

Clyde Barrow (Bonnie and Clyde) is my 11th cousin twice removed.

Farrah Fawcett is my 11th cousin twice removed

Gene Autry is my 11th cousin twice removed.

Robert Louis Stevenson is my 10th cousin four times removed.

James E. Talmage is my 11th cousin three times removed.

Jane Austen is my 10th cousin five times removed.

Susan B. Anthony is my 11th cousin three times removed.

Henry (Billy the Kid) McCarty is my 12th cousin twice removed.

M. Russell Ballard is my 12th cousin twice removed.

Charles Lindbergh is my 12th cousin twice removed.

Jeffrey R. Holland is my 13th cousin once removed.

John Dillinger is my 14th cousin.

David O. McKay is my 14th cousin once removed.

Larry Hagman is my 15th cousin.

Those are a select few of my famous relatives.  Granted, they are all very distant and I probably don't share any DNA with any of them.  If I do it's miniscule.  The list is somewhat in order of relation.  The top of the list being the more closely related and the bottom more distant.

I skipped a lot of the United States presidents and their wives and also a lot of the Church leaders and their wives.  I have 490 relatives on my list and I just selected a few of the more well-known ones to me.  Or the ones I'm most related to. Or that I just thought were fun to list. It just goes to show that if you go back far enough you can find relations to just about anybody.  I think they go back 16 generations on this particular website.

Anyway, this was fun for me and I hope you enjoyed looking over some of my famous relatives.  :-)

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely interesting. I knew LaVell would be on there. :) And Gordon B. Hinckley, of course. :) Some of my favorite people, right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super neat! I'm going to have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete