Friday, April 26, 2019

$15 Happiness

I love Sister Craven.  She is very relatable to me.  Her General Conference talk was probably my favorite talk this past conference. I will probably share several quotes from her talk in my blog.  Here's the first one:
"I once saw a sign in a store window that said, “Happiness, $15.00.” I was so curious to know how much happiness I could buy for $15 that I went inside to see. What I found was a lot of cheap trinkets and souvenirs—not one thing I saw could possibly bring me the type of happiness that the sign implied! Over the years, I’ve thought many times about that sign and how easy it can be to look for happiness in items that are cheap or temporary. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are blessed to know how and where true happiness is found. It is found in carefully living the gospel established by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and in striving to become more like Him."
-- Becky Craven, Second Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency, "Careful versus Casual", April 2019 General Conference
As I've mentioned many times before in this blog, true happiness can only be found in carefully living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So many people look for happiness in cheap or temporary things.  And what do they get?  Cheap and temporary happiness.

Thanks for the reminder and great analogy, Sister Craven.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    I have got to figure out how we arte related. Most of the same names you show from Relative Finder I am related to also.
    Russ Williams
    Liberty, MO 64068

    (Born in Carmel, CA)

    ReplyDelete