Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Lone Coyote

This morning when I went outside I was sitting on the edge of my sidewalk overlooking our property.  I saw some movement and lo and behold there was a lone coyote trotting across our field.

I wish I had a camera and was able to use it -- I could have taken some awesome pictures -- but this is pretty much what it looked like.

Related image

He went right by the dog tree where I usually sit.  I was cursing myself for not being there.  But then I probably wouldn't have seen him.  He kept trotting right across the road and into the forest.  Then he left the forest and went up the hill behind the forest.

I high tailed it down there as fast as I could, but he was long gone.  Not sure where he went exactly.  He was probably watching me.  I was hoping to see him and maybe a few of his cohorts.  To no avail. Luckily Dad just mowed yesterday so I was able to go behind the forest right where he went on the same trail. I was calling out to him but obviously he wanted nothing to do with me.

He wasn't in any hurry.  He was just trotting along his way.  It was so cool to see him. I love living out here in the country where we see all kinds of wildlife in their natural environment.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment