Thursday, July 14, 2022

Handwriting Analysis

Since childhood I've always been told that my handwriting is atrocious, and that I need to work on it.  Even in medical school, I had an attending tell me that I needed to work on my handwriting because he couldn't read my soap notes.  Which I thought was funny because doctors are known for their bad handwriting.

So I kind of always had a fascination with handwriting and what it means.  The other day I happened upon some handwriting analysis on YouTube.  I watched a few tutorials and learned a few things.  So I wanted to have my handwriting analyzed by an expert. 

The problem is, I haven't been able to write for 20 years.  But I did happen to have some letters that I wrote home to my family while I was on my mission scanned onto my computer.  Granted these are 30-year-old letters and only reflect my personality at the time they were written.  But since personality tends to be fairly stable throughout life I thought I would give it a go.

So I submitted a page from one of my letters home on February 19, 1992 – just a couple weeks after I arrived in Florida.  So that's a snapshot of where I was mentally at the time.

I had Dr. Mozelle Martin do my handwriting analysis.  She does forensic handwriting analysis and has been an expert in handwriting analysis for decades.  So it was cool to have her analyze my handwriting.  I just had her do the personality snapshot.  Here are the results:

Here are your results which can go back from birth to the date this was written so as you read it, you can likely identity when the traits were most prominent.
  • Good business mind and imaginative
  • Investigative mind
  • Good physical energy
  • Unresolved anger at important male in your life (ie: father, husband, ex, brother, etc.)
  • Moodiness and can be hard on yourself and this can cause self-doubt, anxiety, and affect your self-esteem
  • Realistic with strong will power
  • Can be persuasive, persistent, and resistant with a mind of your own
  • Can be authoritarian and intolerant of others opinions
  • Can be sensitive to criticism and rejection and this can cause you to commit to things you don’t want to do
  • Because you can be charming, be careful who you let into your life, not everyone is good for you
I think that fairly accurately describes me.  Except for the unresolved anger at an important male in my life.  I'm not sure what that's about because I've always had a good relationship with my dad and brother.  And I don't consider myself charming – or at least I was when I was 21 – but hey, if it's in my handwriting it must be true.  :-)  

Anyway that was fun to learn about my subconscious mind as revealed through my handwriting when I was 21.

 If any of you are interested in having your own handwriting analyzed by Dr. Martin, her website is forensology.com.  The personality snapshot is $22.  It's fun, entertaining, and fairly accurate.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment