Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sunday School Handouts – Elijah

Our Sunday School lesson this week is 1 Kings 17-19 about the prophet Elijah.  Lisa led the discussion but I wanted to post our handouts.   She came up with a really great idea for the handouts.  A box of Jiffy cornbread mix with the story of Elijah and the widow of Zarephath attached.  We only had nine kids today so they each got to take home two.

In both fast and testimony meeting and Sunday school, the Spirit was strong.

Here is the story from 1 Kings 17 that Lisa summarized and attached to the box of "meal" so the kids can go home and make their own "cake".

During a time of drought and famine, the Lord told Elijah to go to Zarephath, where a widow woman would help sustain him. When he came to the gate and saw the widow gathering sticks, he called to her and asked her to bring him some water. As she was beginning to fetch the water, he called for her and said, "Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand...And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse; and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die. 

And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou has said; but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.  For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, the barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth. And she went and did...and her house did eat many days." (1 Kings 17)

Miracles will come when we exercise obedience and faith in the Lord.

What miracles have you seen in your life because of your obedience and faith? 



No comments:

Post a Comment