Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Real Joy

"Real joy comes from righteous character, and that is built from a pattern of consistent righteous decisions. …For happiness now and throughout your life, steadfastly obey the Lord, no matter what pressure you feel to do otherwise." – Elder Richard G. Scott,"Making the Right Decisions", April 1991 General Conference

Life is hard enough to live with the help of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I can't imagine living without it.  I honestly don't know how people do it.

I was actually thinking about this.while I was at the dog tree this morning.  How so many people turn to drugs and alcohol to escape or numb themselves from reality.  I truly believe this is because they don't have or have turned away from the joy of the gospel.  Living a life focused on trying to make righteous decisions – trying your best to live the gospel of Jesus Christ – is where real joy is found.

Living a life of eat, drink, and be merry may bring temporary fun and happiness – but it is fleeting.  Then when reality sets in, people try to escape it.

Real joy is found only in trying to live a righteous life.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment