Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Interesting Tidbit

I was watching a series on the History Channel yesterday entitled, "How the Earth Was Made". I have seen it before, it's pretty interesting. There was one bit of information that I thought was interesting that I still remember, so I thought I would post it. I'm sure most of you are aware that the continents are drifting. The rate at which they are drifting is 2.5 cm (1 inch) per year. This is also the rate that your fingernails grow. So, every time you cut your fingernails think about the continents moving that far. I thought that was pretty cool. In my lifetime so far the continents drifted about a yard. Cool, huh?

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. That is indeed interesting Tam! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting. It does seem like fingernails grow more than an inch a year...but I guess that's because it seems I'm always cutting them.

    ReplyDelete