Sunday, June 14, 2009

Three Strikes

You may have noticed that my blog has gone progressively downhill. Let me tell you why. I started this blog with the grandiose notion of helping people. Perhaps helping people to become better, to choose the right, to improve their lives, maybe learn something they didn't know, or in the very least, remind them of things they already know they should be doing.

Much to my chagrin, my efforts have been in vain. The people I originally thought I could help or at least influence, never read my blog. Strike one. The people who do read my blog, and even agree with everything I say, haven't changed. They still drink caffeinated beverages, watch scumbag movies and television, use profanity, etc. Strike two. I have put much time and effort into my compositions, to no avail. It is obvious that I am woefully inadequate in my writing skills. Everything I have written seems to go in one eye and out the other (yes, I know I changed the well-known saying). Strike three.

So, as I gradually became aware that my blog has no effect on people, I put less and less effort into my compositions. And it shows. So I guess my blog is becoming the fluffy, daily travelogue that most other blogs are. So be it. I will still put my two cents in on occasion. But those compositions are a lot of work. And when you don't see any fruits of your labor, you quit laboring. Might I suggest reading some of my earlier compositions. If you've already read them, go reread them. In my opinion, the earlier compositions are my best work.

Three strikes and I'm out.

That's my two cents.

5 comments:

  1. Don't quit laboring Tam. Just like a mission, sometimes you never see the fruits of your labors, but that doesn't mean there are no fruits. In general, people do not change their ways just because somebody proves something to them. Look at all the people who still choose to smoke cigarettes after fully knowing they are upping their risk of cancer and early death tremendously. People make choices and pay consequences for choices, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to know that I don't drink caffeinated beverages, use swear words or watch scum bag movies! The few...the proud...

    Although I still own a bulldog. =)

    My blog is one that most people wouldn't find interesting because it is a daily report of the happenings in our family. I agree that the people I thought would read the blog don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I re-read my posting I can see that people might get the wrong impression when I said "The few... the proud..." So I just want to add that I have things I deal with too...but those 3 I listed (caffeine, swearing and bad movies) are not among them. Didn't mean to come across as one who thinks they have it made. I don't think that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy
    Don't give up. I read you blog almost every day and I have been missing your frequest posts. You didn't exactly convert me, but you have brought out many points that I had never really thought of before. I know the cigarettes (after smoking for many years) and coffee (which I gave up when I came back to chruch). And movies (sort of) but I never thought much of TV. Now I pay more attention to it. There really is nothing worth watching on cable TV. See, you have made an impression on someone. I just don't comment because if I did every time I wanted to you would get Very tired of me. I love you Tammy and please don't stop. Someone needs to voice those opinions. And that's you.

    ReplyDelete