Friday, July 17, 2009

Bad Luck

I don't know why, but I seem to have the worst luck. I have been eagerly anticipating making homemade bread for a couple of weeks now. I found a recipe online that I wanted to try. I even ordered gluten and lecithin and a new breadmaker machine. So I got the machine yesterday. And the gluten and lecithin arrived today. So I talked dad into helping me make the bread. Dad went downstairs and got the wheat. We got the grain mill out and read the directions. We've had it for several months now but never used it yet. We followed the directions which said to mill 2 cups of wheat to discard because it may be contaminated with stuff from the manufacturing process. It worked wonderfully. So we went to go mill some more to actually use, and it would not turn on. We followed the directions to a tee. Dad even pushed the reset button to no avail. We even tried different outlets and reset the GFI. We called customer support and all we got was an answering machine. So, my hopes were dashed. No breadmaking today. I have the worst luck.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your grinder. That is weird how it worked on the prep step and chirped out after that.

    ReplyDelete