Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ode to Mom and Dad

Today I want to pay homage to my mom and dad. My mom and dad are the hardest workers I know. Amongst everything else they do, they spend hours each day taking care of me. My mom spends about one to one & one half hours every morning getting me ready. And my dad spends about 30 to 45 minutes in the morning getting me ready. At night it's about half that long for them to get me ready for bed. Elder Holland gave a talk about angels in which he mentioned that angels are not always heavenly messengers, they can be people here on earth who are sent to help us. My mom and dad are my angels.

Not only do they work hard taking care of me but they also work hard around the house. They have landscaped the entire yard. My dad is in the process of getting the side yard and front yard put in. He has hauled in countless dump truck's full of fill dirt. I would say at least 40 to 50. And spread it out with his tractor. And now he is getting the topsoil put in. Hopefully it won't take as many loads of topsoil. He has to drive the dump truck to the quarry to get the topsoil. He has been shoveling it, raking it, and compacting it by hand to get it ready for seed. With no help. In blistering hot temperatures. It will sure look nice when it is done. He also keeps the yard and garden watered.

My mom works hard keeping the house in order and pulling all the weeds in the yard. Even though she has not felt well for quite some time.

My mom and dad are both wonderful examples of hard work and dedication. I want them to know how much I appreciate them and love them.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. Amen.
    Mom and Dad are both amazing. Hard working, sacrificing and giving. I love you too Mom and Dad. Thanks for all you do and for your examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with this. My memories growing up are of Dad working at the steel mill and Mom working in the yard all the time (pulling weeds and edging the lawn with a kitchen knife). They have always been hard workers. I wish some of their work ethic would have rubbed off on me. Unfortunately I like to stay away from work unless I have to do it!!

    ReplyDelete