Monday, July 6, 2009

My Two Brothers


We had a nice visit with my plastic brother Jason on Friday and Saturday. It was just like the old days at 192. We even had a sold-out concert on Saturday evening. It was the Stringed Beets only stop on their 2009 world tour, and it happened to be in Graham, Washington. It was sure nice to see old Joaquin Valdez again. I don't think I've laughed so hard since the last time Jason was here. When Michael and Jason get-together it is nonstop laughter. They are hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert with all of the inside jokes. I especially liked the Jackson tribute with the talk of Jermaine and Tito across the tracks style. We heard some new songs that are going on the new album if they ever get it done. The new songs were well written and we all thoroughly enjoyed them. So let's hope that my plastic brother can make it back before two years goes by to get that album done! Thank you for a most enjoyable and entertaining Independence Day Michael and Jason. Come back soon Cov Cov!

That's my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. It was good to have Jason around again that is for sure. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the show. It certainly lacked any form of musicianship from us because of the lack of practice (not being around each other for years will make you a bit rusty on the songs). We had just as much fun as anybody there though. This much I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic Dad here, and I say ditto to Tammy's blog. Thanks Mike and Jason for all the memories, which I shall take to my grave with me.
    It was so good to see my Son and Plastic Son having fun on stage again after sooooooooo many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed it was a fun time watching The Beets perform again. It was awesome to laugh and laugh and laugh again. I agree that the Jackson tribute with the Across the Tracks touch was the highlight of the show. Fun!

    ReplyDelete