Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dad Cooking with Zucchini




Our garden is doing quite well. Our zucchini is coming on strong. So I looked up a few recipes for zucchini and I had dad helped me make zucchini crabcakes and zucchini bread. We first attempted zucchini bread. We had it made and ready to put into the pans. I told him to grease and flour the pans. When he was showing me how much flour he was going to add I said, "that's not flour, that's powdered sugar". So, we then realized that dad had put powdered sugar into zucchini bread instead of flour. In order to try to save the zucchini bread I told him we need to double the recipe omit the sugar and double the flour. Surprisingly enough, it turned out quite delicious. We also made some zucchini crabcakes which turned out delectable. I didn't know dad could cook that well. There is actually no crab in the crabcakes the zucchini substitutes for the crab. I guess you could call it a vegetarian crabcake. They were quite delicious. We are going to have an overabundance of zucchini for the rest of the summer so any of you who like zucchini, feel free to come over and get some.

4 comments:

  1. You never would have known the zuchinni bread had a mess up with powdered sugar. It was YUMMY! And the crab cakes were awesome too!!
    Good job Dad and Tam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad always did have a "sweet tooth". I think he added powdered sugar on purpose to sweeten it up some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those both look good! I will have to get your recipe for the crabcakes;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang man, looks great! i hope there is some left when we come over tomorrow!! yummy!

    ReplyDelete