Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Prayer

I was listening to a talk by Truman Madsen this morning.  I'm going to very loosely paraphrase what I remember because I think it's worth repeating.

He said something to the effect of there can be many things that you are not worthy to do -- prayer is not one of them. In fact, it is when we feel most unworthy and least like praying that we need to pray the most.

This is so true!  Many times I've heard people say they don't feel like praying or don't feel worthy to pray-- When we are at our lowest is precisely when we need to pray the most! There is no worthy requirement to prayer.  Anybody and everybody can pray anytime. In fact the scriptures say we should have a prayer in our hearts continually.  But even if you haven't prayed for weeks, months, or years -- or ever -- it's never too late to start now.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post a lot "Big T". Few words, but they say a bunch!

    ReplyDelete