Saturday, April 25, 2015

DNA King

As most of you know, our family has recently had our DNA analyzed.  It should come as no surprise to anybody that I am the DNA king!  :-) I was told in the hospital when I was on my death bed that the only reason I was alive was because of my superior genetics. My DNA analysis proves my genetic superiority.  :-)

The worst genetic trait I had was lack of empathy.  Which is arguably a favorable trait if you think about it.  It really does come in handy to not care about what people think.  I'm sure it's linked somehow to my excessive self-esteem levels.  I know I'm the king and no one is going to convince me otherwise.  :-)

The second worst genetic trait I had was lack of facial recognition.  I'm not good at remembering names and faces.  This is certainly true.  When I was on my mission I would always have to ask my companions who we were going to see on callbacks because I couldn't remember them.

But these two traits work well together because even though I don't remember names and faces, I don't care that I don't remember!  :-) Those two symbiotic traits have served me well during my lifetime.

So even though promethease marks these as bad traits -- I would argue that they are actually good traits to possess.

I could go on and on about all of my good traits but let me just mention a few that stick out in my mind.

1 -- I have a strong heart.  Lowest risk of atrial fibrillation, low risk of myocardial infarction (heart attack), lower risk of cardioembolic ischemic stroke.

2 -- I have the good warrior gene which means I handle stress better. And according to my Promethease report I am "able to perform better in a test where the optimal strategy changes."

3 -- I have increased memory performance.

4 -- I'm resistant to the norovirus.

5 -- I'm a fast caffeine metabolizer-- I am less stimulated by caffeine. Funny thing is I never touch the stuff!  :-)

6 --I am lactose tolerant.

7 -- I have the lowest odds of cannabis addiction.  :-) Guess I live in the right state for that -- ha ha.

8 -- I'm at much lower risk for type I diabetes .15x.

9 -- I'm a likely sprinter -- I always did run on my toes.  :-)

10 -- Promethease tells me I can eat all the brains I want -- I'm resistant to prion disease (Creutzfeldt Jakob aka mad cow disease).

Oh and a fun little tidbit: I am 2.5% Neanderthal and in the 24th percentile among European descendents.  :-)

Those are just some of the more interesting things from my DNA report.

Basically what it comes down to is I am the DNA King.  :-) But this shouldn't surprise anybody.  It certainly doesn't surprise me.  I have always known I am the King genetically and otherwise.  :-) And I'm humble to boot.  ;-)

That's my two cents.

For completeness sake and just for fun, here is the breakdown of my ancestral composition based on my DNA:

99.8%
European
Northern European
50.7%
British & Irish
9.1%
French & German
7.3%
Scandinavian
30.2%
Broadly Northern European
Southern European
0.5%
Iberian
1.2%
Broadly Southern European
0.1%
Ashkenazi
0.8%
Broadly European
0.2%
Sub-Saharan African
0.2%
West African
< 0.1%
Unassigned
100%
Tammy 


3 comments:

  1. Yep, superior genetics. It explains why you defy death time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the DNA king!! Lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cool to read about. I would love to get mine done someday to see what makes me...me:) thanks for sharing T!

    ReplyDelete