Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Why I Don't Watch the News

I haven't seen more than a handful of newscasts since the 2012 election.  Basically, I'm fed up with mainstream media and their liberal propaganda.

Well, last night I actually watched a local newscast.  And it just reminded me as to why I quit watching.

Take the sportscast for instance.  The first story was about the Mariners.  They interviewed the general manager who basically said winning is good and losing is bad and he's much happier when he wins.  Then they interviewed one of the players.  He basically said that they aren't playing well right now but they have potential.

I've always felt that sports interviews were ridiculous.  I mean really, how much can you say about a game?  It's always the same old thing -- very redundant.  "We need to play well/better and we will win.  If we don't play well/better we will lose."

The second part of the sportscast consisted of talking about who may or may not be attending a nonmandatory practice for the Seahawks.  Then they showed a video of some Seahawks players vacationing in Hawaii singing and playing ukuleles.

It was absolutely ridiculous.

Granted it was a sportscast -- but even sportscasts usually have highlights of actual sports being played.  And reporting on actual games or events.

How much actual news ended up on the cutting room floor to show a bunch of overpaid jocks living it up in Hawaii?

Is news supposed to be informative or entertaining?  I have always thought it was the former but if the latter, I've been much more entertained watching the grass grow.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. If a person really listens to what is being "reported" in the "news" they will realize it isn't news at all.
    Back in the day, people used to think the people in line reading National Enquirer were ridiculous- but that's basically what the "news" media is all about now. Just nonsense.
    I had to laugh when you said you've been more entertained watching the grass grow. No doubt. :)

    ReplyDelete