Saturday, April 11, 2015

President Packer Quote

I read this in the Liahona yesterday and it stuck with me so I thought I would post it for all of you today. Seems apropos for this time of year.  It gives hope to all of us.  Excellent quote by President Packer.  Enjoy!  :-)


The Promise of the Atonement

President Boyd K. Packer
“Restoring what you cannot restore, healing the wound you cannot heal, fixing that which you broke and cannot fix is the very purpose of the atonement of Christ. …
“I repeat, save for the exception of the very few who defect to perdition, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ.”
President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “The Brilliant Morning of Forgiveness,” Ensign, Nov. 1995, 19–20.

No comments:

Post a Comment