Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Panseric Weaklings

One thing I forgot to mention during my family home evening lesson -- which was actually going to be one of my main points -- is that people who don't keep the commandments are weak.  And people who do keep the commandments are strong.

I did the whole physical weakness and physical strength analogy.  I mentioned it takes work to be physically strong.  And it also takes work to be spiritually strong.

It's a lot easier to take the path of least resistance and jump on the slippery slope to spiritual death.  Those who do so are just weak.  Pansies.  They listen to Satan's lies and believe them.  Weak. The more bad choices they make, the easier it is to continue on the slippery slope.  Weak.  It doesn't take much before they are allowing Satan to control their lives.  Weak.

Keeping the commandments really isn't that hard but it does require work.  But just like with any type of work, the more you do it, the easier it becomes also.  Going out and running 6 miles to someone who hasn't done so in a while, or ever, might seem like an arduous task. Impossible maybe for some. For someone who runs 6 miles every day, it's a walk in the park.  Automatic even.  I know, I used to do it. It is still work but it is easy and it is enjoyable.

Keeping the commandments is the same way.  Reading scriptures daily or going to church weekly for example might seem difficult at first.  But the more you do it, the easier it gets and it even becomes automatic.  Just part of your routine.  That applies to any of the commandments.

My point is, those who keep the commandments are strong because they work at it.  Work is an eternal principle.  Those who break the commandments are weak.  Panseric weaklings.  Spiritual couch potatoes.

I should clarify that all of us break the commandments once in a while.  But hopefully repent and get back on track and keep trying.  That's not who I'm talking about.  I'm talking about chronic serial commandment breakers who don't try to do what's right.  Those are the panseric weaklings of which I speak.

Commandment keepers are strong.  Commandment breakers are weak.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment