Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Mission Letters Home -- 1

I've been wanting to scan my old mission letters that I sent home for some time now.  I have them all labeled in binders in chronological order.  Well, the other day I finally asked for a little help and scanned the first six letters home from the mission field.  (MTC letters home are not included.  I don't know where they are.)  :-(  It's very time and labor intensive but it's worth it.  They are hilarious!  I crack myself up.  Perhaps you have to be me to fully appreciate the hilarity therein. I was rolling!  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Anyway I decided to post some of my favorite quotes of myself from my weekly mission letters home to my family.  I didn't realize what an artist I am.  :-) Almost every letter has a drawing of some kind.  Well at least in the first six letters home. That's as far as I've gotten.

I debated on whether to just transcribe the quote into my blog or to actually crop it from the scanned letter. I decided on the latter even though it will be more work.  I think it will be more impactful. That is if you can decipher my handwriting.  :-)

Let the adventure begin!

My first letter home from the mission field written on the day I arrived in my new area.  February 6, 1992

 Introduction then I talked a lot about the two legs of my plane ride.
Love the artwork!  :-) I couldn't just say they bent my luggage, I had to illustrate it. 
The extent of my homesickness.  "I'm scared to death but don't worry, I'll get over it."  Then I talk about the humidity.  :-) 
 A postcard that I included in my first letter home.  Obviously I got it on the airplane.
Stay tuned for the next entry!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!
    "I'm scared to death but don't worry, I'll get over it." :)
    So funny. So true.

    ReplyDelete