Saturday, April 29, 2017

Mission Letters Home -- 4

March 3, 1992
After one month, I've become a Southerner.  :-)
  
Being on a mission is so much fun!
I really did love serving the Lord full time!  It was quite a privilege to be an official representative of the Lord's true Church and to share the gospel with others!

Sister Beck knows too many people!  That cracked me up.

This had me rolling!  I don't know why I found it so hilarious.
This dumb bank!  :-)

Nothing like wishing wild alligators would come closer.  :-) I've always been fearless.

Hilarious!  Photo added for effect.  :-)  Where I got that picture I have no idea.

Chew can!  "Hey boy, you better straighten up, you hear?"  Some things never change.
"You better go to church too!"
"Read the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY"
"It will really help you out."
"O.K.?"
Sage advice!  I was wise beyond my years.  :-)

Self-portrait.  Check out my 90s bangs.  :-)
Real proud of my black name tag and Book of Mormon in my hand.
I look good even as a stick figure!  :-)

"I guess I'll send you some more pics, I have no one else to give them to."  :-)
"Tell people to write me."
"Man is so hot here."  :-)

Read the Book of Mormon people! Obviously it's important, I took half a page writing it.
The other half is my beautiful signature.  :-)


Before I mailed this letter I got word that I was being transferred to Brooksville so I had another couple of pages after I already signed off.
This had me crying I was laughing so hard.  I didn't even remember this until I read it.  Now I remember!  So hilarious!
"Man, I don't work here!"

Lots of shrimp in Florida.  I actually remember that.
I also remember the lady who was like Aunt Linda.  She was a self proclaimed "backsliding Mormon".  She liked us, though.  I think we had dinner appointments with her quite regularly. Weekly perhaps.

I have no recollection of this but it certainly is a funny story.  :-)
I think this is the third time I exhorted my family to read The Book of Mormon in this letter.  I guess I'm in good company.  President Monson just exhorted everybody to read The Book of Mormon daily in his last General Conference address a few weeks ago.

  Well I hope you enjoyed those excerpts from my mission letters home. That's all I have scanned so far. I certainly got a kick out of it.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are more right brained than you thought. :) All that artistic stuff in your letters home. :) I have to back up your advice to READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!! I love the Book of Mormon.
    I thought it was pretty funny you were wishing the alligators would come CLOSER. No way!!!
    "Man, I don't work here." Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete