Sunday, July 23, 2017

24 Years Ago

24 years ago today I completed my full-time mission and flew home.  It was a bittersweet day but like everything in life, we must keep turning the pages.  My mission was the best decision I ever made.  It was a privilege to serve the Lord and represent him for 18 months.  I cherish every day I was able to serve in the Florida Tampa Mission.  It wasn't always easy.  They don't call it missionary work for nothing.  It certainly is a lot of work.  But any experience worth going through is full of challenges and generally requires effort on our part.  Missions are also a lot of fun.

I consider it a great privilege to have been given the opportunity to serve a full-time mission for the Lord.  I'm eternally grateful that I took that opportunity.

This picture was taken in my last area shortly before I came home.  I thought it was a fitting picture for this blog post because it's the sunset of my mission.

This is probably June or July 1993. The Gulf of Mexico is the background.  Florida had the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.  Which is fitting because in the foreground is the most beautiful Sister missionary ever called to serve.  In my humble opinion of course.  :-)

Above is the same picture photoshopped. I tried to make it clearer but it took part of the beautiful sunset away.  :-( So I included both the original and Photoshopped version.

Of course both versions are absolutely gorgeous.  :-) Goodbye FTM!  Thanks for the memories.  It's hard to believe it's been 24 years.

1 comment:

  1. I told Rex today at Church that this is the day you returned from your mission and the day I received my mission call!!! Good times. ;)

    ReplyDelete