Friday, June 29, 2018

Consider the Lilies

This morning I went out earlier than I usually do.  Abinadi and I went down to the garden and then to the dog tree. It was still quite chilly as the sun was still low in the east and the neighbor's trees were shading much of the path we took. I noticed that the yellow wildflowers that are so abundant in our field were all closed up for the night.

After sitting by the garden while Abinadi wandered the field sniffing around like a good bloodhound, we went up to the dog tree.  It was there I noticed the wildflowers had begun to open up gradually.  I contemplated how amazing a simple wildflower is.  The wildflowers that were in the shade were mostly still closed.  But those in the sun opened up in their full glory.  It was beautiful.  All this took place in less than an hour.  I kept my eye on a few specific flowers that I watched unfold over about 30 minutes. It was a simple everyday occurrence yet something absolutely amazing that most people don't notice. It brought to mind this Scripture.
"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."  -- Luke 12:27
Even a simple wildflower is evidence of the intricacies and beauty of God's creations.  Even a simple wildflower follows a specified lifecycle and reacts to environmental conditions.  Opening its blossom when the warm sun shines upon it. Even a simple wildflower is evidence of a Supreme Creator.
"... The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."  -- Alma 30:44
Yes, even a simple wildflower denotes there is a God.  Consider the lilies, consider the wildflowers, how they grow...

That's my two cents.




1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about how everything denotes there is a God on my drive tonight, and then I turned on my computer and read this post. Amen to all you said.

    ReplyDelete