Thursday, June 7, 2018

We talk of Christ

In my daily Book of Mormon study I just listened to this scripture again.  It is a well known scripture to those familiar with The Book of Mormon.

To anyone who doesn't believe that Mormons are Christians, just read the following scripture from The Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is subtitled Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  Rightfully so.  It certainly fits that description.

Last week or so I read about an experiment being conducted in various cities across the world.  If I'm not mistaken it was a BYU sponsored study.  Anyway what they are doing is asking random people they meet on the street to read one page in The Book of Mormon.  And they asked them to highlight any reference to deity mentioned in that particular page. The people conducting the study used every page from The Book of Mormon in their experiment.  I saw about 10 different profiles of people from all walks of life who participated.  People from all different religions and even atheists.  Anyway it was very interesting that most of them were surprised that they agreed with the doctrine they read in their page from The Book of Mormon.  And every example that I read showed multiple highlights on each page referencing deity.

Anyway, I didn't intend to say all that.  I just wanted to post this scripture.  So here you go:

2 Nephi 25:26
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
That short scripture succinctly sums up our views on Christ as members of His true Church.  Everything centers on Christ and His atonement.

That's my two cents.

1 comment: