Tuesday, January 15, 2019

27 Years

27 years ago today I embarked on the greatest adventure of my life.  I entered the Missionary Training Center for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And thus began my 18 month full-time proselyting mission.

I'm the good-looking Sister in the middle in the black sweater. :-)

The above picture is me with my MTC district.  The lady with the white name tag was our teacher.  We had a morning, afternoon and evening teacher.  In between was breakfast lunch and dinner.  With some personal study, service, firesides/Group meetings, sacrament meetings and PE thrown in the mix.

It was intense training but also very rewarding and a great learning experience.  Because I would be speaking my native tongue, I was only there three weeks. Those who had to learn a foreign language were there eight weeks.

Then I flew to Tampa Florida to begin proselyting full-time for 18 months.  It was challenging but I learned a lot and grew leaps and bounds as a person.  It is an experience I would highly recommend to anyone worthy and willing to serve.

That's my two cents.

1 comment: