Sunday, February 9, 2020

There Is a Place Prepared for You

I like reading the last words of prophets at the end of their days.  Most of them talk about being old and going to their grave soon.  Then they usually give some wonderful words of wisdom.

In my daily Book of Mormon study, the words of the prophet Enos stood out to me recently.  The book of Enos is only one chapter.  He didn't write much.  But what he did write is very profound and important. He taught a beautiful sermon on prayer and remission of sins.  You can read it here.

Enos is the grandson of Lehi, nephew of Nephi, and son of Jacob (Nephi's brother/Lehi's son).

Anyway, here are the last two verses of the Book of Enos:
26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.
27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.
I am no prophet, but I hope that I can say the same thing, as Enos, when I get to graduate from mortality.  I hope that I can say that I declared the word according to the truth which is in Christ in all my days.  And I hope that my Savior and Redeemer will say to me, "Come unto me, ye blessed,  there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."

This is my hope and prayer.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment