Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.  I hope you're all enjoying lots of good food and company.  I hope you are remembering and contemplating all your blessings on this day of Thanksgiving.

We are so blessed to live in the United States of America.  The greatest country on earth.  We are blessed to live in this promised land where we enjoy freedom and liberty.

I am so thankful for God's hand in guiding our founding fathers in setting up our government and forging our Constitution and in preserving this nation.

During this time of turmoil where evil people are trying to steal our election thereby squashing the voice of the people, we can take comfort in knowing that God's hand is guiding us and His will be done.

Even amidst all of this turmoil and evil around us, we still have much to be thankful for.  I personally am thankful for so much.

I am thankful for a loving family who sacrifices so much in my behalf.

I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  For His Atonement and for His love.

I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for His plan of happiness.  I am thankful for my knowledge of that plan, which helps me so much in navigating through the rough waters of mortality.

I'm thankful for the Gospel.  And thankful we have the fullness of the Gospel on earth right now as restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.  I'm thankful for him and his sacrifices in bringing forth the restored gospel.

I'm thankful for The Book of Mormon.  I notice a big difference in my day when I don't listen to it in the mornings.  My day goes much better when I start with listening to The Book of Mormon.  It really is a roadmap to guide us through these latter days and all the trials and evils we face.

I'm thankful to be so blessed to be born in America and for our freedoms and liberties we enjoy.

I'm thankful for a good president, President Trump, who works tirelessly to defend our Constitution and our freedoms.

I'm thankful for a living prophet, President Russell M.Nelson, and for The First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles and for all the leaders of the church.  They have dedicated their lives to serving the Lord and testifying of Him.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to come to earth to receive the marvelous gift of a body.  Even though mine is broken right now, I know one day I will be resurrected and my body will be perfected.  I am so looking forward to that day.

I am thankful for the trials of mortality, even though they can be unbearable at times.  Because I know this is how we progress to becoming more like our Heavenly Father.  By going through difficult trials we develop traits and characteristics needed to continue progressing.

I'm thankful for the beauties of the earth.  I am so blessed to live in a beautiful part of God's green earth.  Where I can enjoy many of His marvelous creations.

I have been so blessed, there is so much more to be thankful for, but that is a good start.

I hope you will all count your many blessings and reflect on all that is good in your life on this day of Thanksgiving.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment