Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Lamentation

"…My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not." – Mormon 8:5 

"But behold, I am consigned that these are my days, and that my soul shall be filled with sorrow because of this the wickedness of my brethren."  – Helaman 7:9

I very much relate to these Scriptures written by two different prophets, hundreds of years apart.  Those of you aware of my situation for the past two months, and with no end in sight, will understand my plight.

I understand and empathize with Moroni's and Nephi's laments.  I feel their pain and sorrow.

On days when it's too much to bear, I look to Moroni and Nephi and the strong example of these two great men to help get me through this difficult challenge.  I just hope and pray that I have the strength to endure to the end as well as they did.

Please pray for me.  I need all the help I can get.  Thank you.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment