Thursday, May 23, 2024

Happy Birthday Plastic Brother

I don't know that I've ever acknowledged my plastic brother on my blog.  Today is his birthday, so I thought I would post pictures and wish him a happy birthday today.

Jason is my brother's best friend since fifth grade I believe.  Growing up he was always at our house and became like a brother to us.  Thus, he is our plastic brother.

Jason is only 18 days younger than Michael.  They did everything together.  Jason is the brother Michael never had.  They remain close to this day.

I have always considered Jason to be my plastic brother throughout the years.  Jason has always been there for us.  When Dad was dying, Jason was here.  Mom's funeral was actually on Jason's birthday two years ago today.  Jason flew up here to support us and spent his birthday at Mom's funeral.

Michael and Jason came to visit me at college and medical school many times.  We always had a blast!  I even starred in the "Patty" music video filmed on the Utah State University campus when they were visiting me shortly before their missions.

When we were both living in Texas, Jason brought his family to visit me in Texarkana for the fourth of July.  (sorry I couldn't find the photo)  

I have many fond memories with my plastic brother.

Here are a few photographs I found of us.

Tammy dying Jason's hair blonde in my San Francisco apartment.  Around 1998.


Tammy's graduation from Utah State University 1996.  Logan, Utah
Michael, Tammy, Jason

Logan, Utah mid nineties.  Tennis anyone?

Logan, Utah mid-nineties

San Francisco around 1998

Easter mid-nineties  Logan, Utah

Oakland Temple late nineties.  Notice Jason's celestial glow.  :-)

Thanks for all the memories throughout the years.  It's fun to reminisce and look back on better times.  Thanks for being the best plastic brother ever.  Love you, Jason.

Happy Birthday plastic brother!

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. Best plastic brother indeed. It's no wonder he became a bishop with that celestial glow of his. Also, he's one of the finest orators. ;) Never a dull moment with Jason. One of the funniest guys I have ever known. Life wouldn't be the same without Cov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aint no one better than Cov Cov!! I am so glad he is my plastic brother! Laughing our necks off eerrrr day with Jason!

    ReplyDelete