Friday, November 21, 2008

Death and Taxes

I've heard it said that there are two things in life that are certain. Death and taxes. I would like to add one more to that list, and that is that life is not fair. I think, no matter who you are, there will be times in your life where you will feel that life is not fair. This is just part of life. The reason we are upon this earth is to be tested. We are given trials to make us stronger. A lot of people look at the trials in their lives, and think, life is not fair. When I look at trials in my life, I think, Heavenly Father must really think I'm special because He only gives us what we can handle. So, the more difficult the trial we are given, the stronger person we must be. Granted, trials are never easy, but this is how we grow, learn, and become stronger. So, as crazy as this may sound, I am thankful for the trials in my life. For I know that this is how Heavenly Father is shaping me to become the type of person I'm capable of being. So, life certainly isn't fair but, if it was, this life wouldn't be much of a test for us to prove ourselves, and progress towards exaltation. Doctrine And Covenants 122: 7 "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I believe trials are blessings too, as difficult as they are at the time. There is always something to learn, which helps us to be stronger and better. If you curse the trial, you never see the blessings and just struggle along in misery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add the third penny to your thoughts, since you have already added your two cents.Ha,ha, ha,. Very well spoken, angelic one. Fairness in this life, is not meant to be! If the whole world had your attitude Dr. Barbie, there would be no need for mankind to even come down for this trial. May the Lord continue to bless you with the beauty that is presently instilled in you.

    ReplyDelete